Michael A. Snider
Attorney Michael Snider joined the firm in 2022 following 11 years of litigation practice representing individuals and businesses in claims and litigation arising out of commercial disputes, construction defects, personal injuries, product liability, fires and explosions, and industrial accidents. He has tried numerous cases to verdict and has broad appellate experience. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his family, road and mountain biking, hiking, and DIY home construction projects.
- Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers every year since 2019.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Fire & Explosion
- State of Wisconsin
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin;
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin;
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General and Trial Bar);
- US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
- Marquette University Law School
• J.D., 2011
• Honors: Deans List; CALI Award for Highest Grade in Advanced Legal Research
- Marquette University
• B.A., Philosophy, 2008
• Honors: Cum Laude, Phi Sigma Tau Philosophy Honor Society, President
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Member
- First-chaired four-day motorcycle accident jury trial on behalf of road construction company defendant, substantially beating last settlement offer to plaintiffs.
- Co-chaired seven-day, four million dollar spontaneous combustion product liability jury trial in Iowa state court, obtaining complete defense verdict.
- Co-chaired five-day auto accident jury trial on the sole issue of damages, beating plaintiffs’ lowest settlement demand.
- Obtained complete defense decision in large claims construction defect bench trial upon establishing that plaintiff homeowners failed to mitigate their damages.
- Briefed successful trial court summary judgment motion, court of appeals respondent brief, and Wisconsin Supreme Court respondent brief asserting contractual waiver of subrogation provision on behalf of contractor client in large loss construction defect/commercial building collapse case. Rural Mutual Insurance Co. v. Lester Buildings, LLC, et al., 2019 WI 70, 387 Wis. 2d 414, 929 N.W.2d 180.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of vacation resort client based on Wisconsin’s statute of repose, affirmed on appeal.
- Briefed successful summary judgment motion on behalf of national food processing company employer in federal ADA employment discrimination action.
- Briefed successful summary judgment motion on behalf of municipality in utility overcharge action.